Friday, 17 April 2015

Digipak first draft!

This was my first draft of my digipak:


I chose to keep the same background as my magazine advert to maintain consistency and a "signature" design. The forest is shown in the music video "Half Remain" and has connotations of isolation, as well as nature which complements the theme of life. The image in the middle of the album is of the protagonist of the music video which relates to Richard Dyer's theory of star quality image, something my group and I decided to refer to when producing our final product. The colour of the image is similar to the background and is a convention of the rock genre where many of their advertisements including their music video is shot and then edited into a black and white filter. The band name is printed at the very top of the album cover; the font is the same as the one used on the magazine advert as this font is the band's "signature" font. Underneath is the album title. Both titles are capitalised which catches the reader's eye. At the bottom is the parental advisory sign which sets the target audience as being old enough to be able to purchase this sort of media. 

The front cover was inspired by this:


Before creating my digipak, I searched online for examples of digipaks from the rock genre. I liked this particular design because it is simple yet effective as the font is eye catching and I liked the placement of the image in the centre of the album cover. I liked how the band's name is printed in large and how the album title is beneath it - the same length but smaller font. I tried replicated this onto my own digipak cover but adding a little bit of originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment