Maroon 5's music video for "Maps" really inspired my group and I to incorporate a similar idea to our video:
What inspired us:
The idea itself is really distinctive to what I have seen in most videos. I love how they have gone against the cliché of flashbacks being in black or white or slow motion and instead have shown the flashbacks in a completely different way. And instead of referring to past to present then past again to present, they have kept going back in time e.g. the accident, the party, getting ready etc.
The editing is truly inspiring because as well as editing to the beat (which is very effective and used often for our rock genre), it also includes smooth transitions from the present to the past which we will need to do correctly in our music video in order to show the difference in times.
The lighting also conforms to the darkness of the theme - death - and although my group and I wanted to subvert from the conventions of low key lighting, this may be something we might incorporate in the flashbacks to show a contrast between life and death.
Overall, this video really inspired my group and I to incorporate flashbacks and more of a story line in our music video, which we felt we were slacking. We have planned out what happens before and after the accident:
No comments:
Post a Comment